|Aura the Medic, yadda yadda, heals the ill, shoots the healthy - are we done?|
–Dirty Bomb Profile
Merc Overview Edit
Her deployable Healing Station restores the health of all teammates within its radius - perfect for creating a healing zone around an objective.
Med School student loans are fearsome things. But after a promising career in experimental BioTech ended with no actual equity in the company and her name strangely absent from any of the research papers she'd written, Aura's now testing her own BioTech products in the field. She used to just save lives. Now she takes them too. And that student loan’s paying off nicely.
Aura’s all about mobility and support: her deployable Healing Station restores the health of all teammates within its radius, perfect for creating a healing zone around an objective or chokepoint. This frees her up to stay on the move, avoiding firefights, and reviving teammates at speed.
Healing Station Edit
Aura can deploy a healing station anywhere on the ground. Once deployed the station regenerates health of nearby friendly players, even during combat. The station can be picked up and re-deployed at any point, however Aura will have to wait for the ability cooldown if it is destroyed.
Aura can revive incapacitated team-mates using her Defibs. The longer these are charged before releasing, the more health the players has when they are revived. They can also be used as an offense weapon against enemies, dealing more damage with longer charges.
Upon selection in full profile:
- Aura the Medic, yadda yadda, heals the ill, shoots the healthy - are we done?
- Aura is the name, healing is- hell it ain't no game! Serious business.
Upon deploying healing station:
- Healing station deployed.
- Health station is online.
- Health station deployed, guys
- Health station right here.
- ...meh. (Bored)
- Ask someone who gives a damn! (Sarcastic)
- Oh, like you meant that? (Sarcastic)
- Bang, bang. You're dead. (You're Dead!)
- So owned!! (You're Dead!)
- Scratch one. (You're Dead!)
- Bye-bye! (Farewell) [There are two instances of this, with a different inflection for each]
- Yeah, you better run! (I'm The Greatest!)
- Quit fussin'. I'm here. (I'm The Greatest!)
- I've had worse. (Uninterested)
- 'S just a flesh wound. (Uninterested)
- You been doin' this long? Could've fooled me. (Screw You!)
- You... you're just not very good at this, are you? (Screw You!)
- I have built a shrine to you in my room. Nah. Not really. (Special Taunt #1)
- Woaaah! Let's not hire the van and move in together quite yet! (Special Taunt #2)
- Y'all're just plain awful at this! (Special Taunt #3)
- Y'all can take classes in this! Y'all should! (Special Taunt #4)
- Ahh, bitch bitch bitch. (Special Taunt #5)
- [Pained voice] Didn't... feel nothin'! (Special Taunt #6)
- Denied! (Special Taunt #7)
- Aura, along with Skyhammer, is a default merc and is available to every player from the start of the game
- Aura and Sparks are the two fastest mercs in the game with a speed of 470.
- Aura, along with Aimee and Skyhammer, was one of the three mercs who did not have Special Edition Loadout Cards available during the Rogue en Vogue event.
- Aura shares some quotes with Sawbonez, like he does with Arty and vice-versa
Beta Info Edit
- ↑ "Meet Aura | Mercs of Dirty Bomb." Dirty Bomb. Splash Damage, Nexon North America, n.d. Web. 1 Sept. 2015. <http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/mercs/aura>.
- ↑ Backuplight. "Voice Actors." Dirty Bomb Forums. 25 Jan. 2016. Web. 10 Mar. 2016. <http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/23498/voice-actors>.
- ↑ Villanueva, Kaira. "The Mary Sue Dirty Bomb Class-Based First-Person Shooter Review and Interview." The Mary Sue. The Mary Sue, 26 July 2015. Web. 6 Dec. 2015. <http://www.themarysue.com/dirty-bomb-review-interview/>.