Dickensday: Winter's Meme Event  was an update in Dirty Bomb released December 14th, 2016 as a holiday event. The update was a follow-up to the 2015 What the Dickens? event. Players had the opportunity to acquire time-limited trinkets and extra gold cases.
- London (GMT, UTC): 18:00, Wednesday, December 14th - 18:00, Wednesday, January 11th
- Los Angeles (PST): 10:00 AM, Wednesday, December 14th - 10:00 AM, Wednesday, January 11th
- Sydney (AEDT): 5:00 AM, Thursday, December 15th - 5:00 AM, Thursday, January 12th
A Dickens' Poem Edit
Before the dirty bomb attack,
Commercial Road was right on track
To make a frankly strapping stack
That sprung a 'village' to showcase
A range of products that embraced
To plastic knick-knacks pawned by crooks
The sorry lot was sorely shook
For Mercs to reminisce and share
Their stories in the Winter's air
Just once a year
Trinket Hunt Edit
Players had the chance to collect a total of 4 holiday "Meme" trinkets, or trinkets inspired by internet memes. Three of the trinckets could be unlocked using "Humbugs" or limited-time currency. The fourth trinket was unlocked when you unlocked the other three.
Ice Coal'd Edit
Unlocked: 300 Humbugs
|Merc-favorite Coaly returns, in a decidedly frigid state. What froze the anthropomorphized anthracite? Dickens knows...|
Penny Frogging Edit
Unlocked: 1000 Humbugs
|An unlikely hero leapt from the ashes of seismic 2016, spreading chill vibes and cheer. Now he's in a waistcoat.|
Unlocked: 3500 Humbugs
|In a world where privacy is an antiquity, remind yourself of your own stark, naked form, illuminated against the headlights of hidden power.|
Dapper Doge Edit
Unlocked: When you unlock the 3 above
|This gormless mutt bursts forth in fleurescent comic sans gimmickry with a yuletide howl when you inspect it. Kills you make with the Dapper Doge equipped are also highlighted in the obituaries for all players.|
Daily Cases Edit
Log in once a day to get a free Golden Equipment Case.
The chances of getting a Gold Loadout Card in one of these babies is more than four times greater than a standard Equipment Case!
Private Matches Edit
Private Matches have been tweaked, and have now been re-enabled. Jump in and get scrimming to skill up before the next Ranked Season!
Bug Fixes Edit
- Fixed bug that caused the game to crash during the map load screen
- Fixed bug where Carryable Objectives were not returning to their spawn point after not being interacted with
- Fixed bug where dismounting an MG could cause the player to switch to an ability that was on cooldown
- Fixed bug where players could exploit the melee system to cause damage to all players on the server
- Fixed bug where players running with Minimal settings saw much larger blood spurts when shooting others
- Fixed bug where the player who planted the C4 sometimes wasn't mentioned in the objective notification when it detonated
- Fixed bug with updating players' skill ratings after a match