|"You couldn't kill me if you tried for a hundred years"|
– Dirty Bomb Profile Page
Merc Overview Edit
Javelin is a powerhouse directing ballistic missiles with her rocket launcher, clearing enemies with a bang while providing ammo for her team.
Javelin is a Norwegian mercenary with a "Viking background".
During the Javelin update trailer, it is revealed that Javelin is sent into London on behalf of her 'employers' in order to test some new hardware developed by the company (this hardware likely being the rocket launcher and smart ammo dispensing armour which are her two main abilities)
Rocket Launcher Edit
- Main article: Rocket Launcher
A two mode rocket launcher with a short warm-up that can either be fired in standard or guided fire mode. With standard mode the rocket is sent in a straight line. In guided mode Javelin has the ability to control the missile for a short time. The rocket its self has 20hp but can deal 200hp damage and 400hp damage on a direct hit and instagib all Mercs with 100hp or less within it's 4.1m radius. The rocket has a 30 second cooldown.
The guided feature of this rocket launcher can be disabled with use of Phantom's EMP ability.
Smart Ammo Dispensing Armour Edit
Javelin has a new way to give out ammo to her team, this being her ammo dispensing armour, and is the only ammo giving ability that requires no manual interaction to use as the ability automatically gives out ammo when Javelin is within 3.2m of teammates. Teammates will receive 1/2 of a magazine per second.
Javelin's ability also gives herself ammo, however it is only 1/2 of a magazine at a time and has a 20 second cooldown. It is common for a javelin player to never run out of ammo, especially with the SHAR-C due to it's slower rate of fire compared to other AR primaries in game.
This ability can be completely disabled with use of Phantom's EMP ability
Javelin's Default loadout card is the SH56 Classic Rifleman
Unique Augments Edit
- You can run but you can't hide
Upon killing an enemy:
- I am tremendously good at this!
- Adios idiot person!
Upon using a Mounted MG:
- Oh! It's like an old-timey typewriter!
- Ooh I LOVE this gun!
- PewPewPew Pew! Pew Pew! PEWPEW PEWPEWPEW!
Upon being on a killing-spree:
- I lose count of how many I kill
Upon being revived:
- I am revived. (says this with boredom)
Upon firing a rocket:
- Even missiles need guidance from time to time
- The tub of Noob
- Don't make me open up a tube of Noob on your ass.
- Panzer-Fock you!
- Nuke Tube-eo!
- Noob Tube!
Upon using her secondary passive ability:
- Bring me your hungry weapons
- It does not go like a rocket because I already have rockets that go like a rocket because that is what they are.
- You, I won't even aim at your feet.
- You irk me. You make me perma-irked.
- We do not all have personal oil rigs printing money for us. OK, I do but…hmm, bad example.
- I boil your head and serve it with mashed potatoes!
- You can Run, but you can't hide.
- What a Knuut.
- The Shield of Jante protects us!
Killing an enemy with a melee weapon:
- I'll gut you like a nice salmon fish.
- Game files have existed for Javelin since early Alpha, but has not been playable till Open Beta.
- According to the Splash Damage development team, Javelin is one of the first characters to receive extra detail.  Stating:
- "As the flow of the Dirty Bomb team becomes more skilled and efficient as it scales up, players will begin to see more intricate designs." 
- Upon firing a rocket, Javelin has a chance of saying 'Haduken', which is an obvious reference to Street Fighter's Ryu's Attack.
- It seems Javelin works mostly for Jackal, due to the information given in her trailer, asking "Is this Jackal?" and threatening to "Give the CDA a call".
- According to the original developer post Javelin is a fan of Lutefisk, a traditional dish of some Nordic countries made from aged stockfish or dried/salted whitefish and lye.
- On Javelin's background and design Nerd1princess, Lead of Art at Splash Damage said:
|Javelin is an explosives specialist and she has a strong military background. She's a very tough girl... with a unique mix of strength and abilities. She's also an interesting character visually, and quite different from the other female characters.|
–Nerd1princess, Lead of Art at Splash Damage Team 
- Javelin's Rocket Launcher is created by Ghostclip Industries.
- Javelin's Rocket Launcher has the code GC 92149, 451 aa01, 30P N72 LAW, SAF XC2025. As indicated by the ability's preview image. 
- Javelin's Rocket Launcher appears to be based on the "M72 LAW", which stands for "Light Anti-Tank Weapon"
- The current producer of the "M72 LAW" is a Norwegian/Finnish Aerospace and Defence group by the name "Nordic Ammunition Company" or "NAMMO"; a subsidiary of Nammo Talley, Inc. in Arizona.
- The grip attached to the front is a Mission First Tactical Folding Grip.
- Javelin's Rocket Launcher is considered an Experimental Weapon, with the warning code "X-CGa".
- Javelin's Rocket Launcher has the number "142" on the side
Tips & Tricks Edit
- It's possible to shoot down Javelin's rockets, if you're fast enough.
- Turtle has the ability to block one rocket projectile with his shield.
- Phantom can disable the guided mode.
- ↑ https://www.dirtybomb.com/mercs/javelin
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 “Javelin: The Next Merc.” Javelin: The Next Merc | Dirty Bomb, 19 Aug. 2017, <www.dirtybomb.com/news/2017-08-19_javelin_the_next_merc/> <https://web.archive.org/web/20170819202917/http://www.dirtybomb.com/news/2017-08-19_javelin_the_next_merc/>. Accessed 19 Aug. 2017.